Preparing for your Pet’s Surgery/Dental
- Do not feed your pet after midnight in the evening before the surgery. Water is allowed and encouraged until you leave for the hospital. If your pet is currently taking any medications check with your doctor as adjustments in dosages may need to be made on the day of surgery.
- Drop-off time is between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM.
- During the drop-off, be prepared to provide pertinent information about your pet’s health and answer any questions our staff members may have about your pet’s current illness.
- You will be asked to sign an anesthesia consent form, authorizations, and/or estimate form, allowing our doctors to proceed with the prescribed diagnostic/surgical/medical services. A deposit for the estimated fees will be requested. Please allow at least 20-30 minutes for paperwork completion and drop-off.
- Please be sure to provide a good contact phone number where the doctor/staff can reach you after the surgery for the post-op call.
- Most patients can go home between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM on the day of the procedure. Your doctor will let you know what time for sure during the postop call. If you have any questions, please be sure to ask any of our staff at Urban Pet Hospital.